Subtitle

{re-thinking, re-learning & re-creating the food that we love}

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend & Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Unfortunately, at this point, I'm not going to give you amazing Thanksgiving alternative recipes. We didn't even have a regular Thanksgiving meal this year because hubby had to work, nevertheless, we had a really wonderful day before his work shift, just relaxing, playing with the kiddos and watching (or trying to watch) movies. If you have little kids, you know how that goes. We got through "seeing" most of a movie without being able to hear much until we finally gave it up. Haha.

Soon after this Thanksgiving weekend is over, I'll continue my Part 2 of our Pre-Paleo-ing journey. You can read Part 1 here if you haven't. Meanwhile, I'm going to do some gluten/dairy-free baking experiments in the kitchen with my mother-in-law. We're trying scones, brownie bites and cookies today. I'll let you know if they're amazing, although I can tell you right now that the cookies are because I've already made them before. These Almond Butter Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies are very easy to make, absolutely delicious and dangerously addicting! And they come from another Paleo-cooking wife and mom who has many amazing recipes on her website. I asked her if I could link her decription of "why Paleo" from a Christian perspective because she says it so well, so here it is! It's short and to the point, so go check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment