Subtitle

{re-thinking, re-learning & re-creating the food that we love}

Friday, November 16, 2012

The Healthy Brownies

I've mentioned that I found a healthy brownie recipe and already I've been asked "where's the recipe?" So before I post anything else on this blog, chocolate comes first! :) You can find said brownies by clicking here.

I made them exactly like the recipe, except I only had regular honey, not raw honey....one of those things I have yet to discover. But the other new ingredient for me was almond butter and I'm a little embarrassed to admit that it took me forever to find it because I had no idea what it looked like. I was looking in the dairy section....you know, butter? Totally wrong. It's like peanut butter, but with almonds instead of peanuts. Duh! I'm sure you're way smarter than that...but just in case you were wondering what it is, now you know. I found mine at Trader Joe's but I'm sure some other large grocery stores would have it too.

Now, if you went to the link already and saw the recipe, you might be thinking: zucchini?? Gross! But wait, give it a try. People do make zucchini bread, you know? It's not that weird. And I peeled mine so that you don't even see any green specks anywhere.

The result? Amazing. We loved them! I will never recommend a recipe on this blog that I haven't already made and loved, as well as my husband and kids. Keep in mind that brownies have been at the top of my favorite dessert list all my life, and desserts are at the top of my favorite foods list. Over the years I've made many, many, many delicious desserts from scratch. So for my husband to say that these Zucchini Brownies are his new favorite dessert, that's saying a lot! Also, I have to say, they are not going to taste like a regular box brownie mix. You just have to know that. Almost all "healthy re-creations" of common classics are going to taste a little different. I would really describe these like a moist banana bread with tons of chocolate chips. But have as many as you want...they're good for you! :)

Toddler-tested and approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment